Ousted President of Ohio Company May Forgo Life-Saving Medical Treatment

Ousted President of Ohio Company May Forgo Life-Saving Medical Treatment



Chris Cole, successful entrepreneur and businessman, may be without costly medication after being removed as president of Puritas Metal Products.



North Ridgeville, OH (PRWEB) July 2, 2007



The controversial removal of a successful Cleveland-area company president has led to a potentially life-threatening dilemma for him and his family.



Early last week, Chris Cole was removed as president of Puritas Metal Products by an individual purporting to be a majority shareholder, possibly leaving him without insurance necessary to treat a serious health condition.



Cole, who suffered a near-fatal aortic dissection five years ago, has been on special medication since receiving an artificial aortic valve and an artificial ascending aorta.



"As a minority shareholder, I was unjustly voted out by people who wanted me gone and I was then told my health coverage would be immediately terminated," said Cole.



He also claims he was removed without being advised of his rights to extend his health coverage.



"I didn't think something like this could happen in America, but it has," he added.



On daily doses of Coumadin and Atenolol, Cole claims these medications are vital for his survival.



His condition is what killed actor John Ritter in 2003 and only a small percentage of those affected by an aortic dissection actually survive.



"Five years ago, I was told by my doctors that there was little chance I'd live past five years--so I'm on borrowed time," noted Cole.



"However, without medication, I'm not sure what's going to happen."



Cole's removal as president from Puritas is being contested through the courts in Lorain County, Ohio, but in the interim, he and his family have no income source and face the prospect of no health coverage.



Cole was notified of his removal from Puritas while out of town on business. When he returned to company headquarters to contest the takeover, he was arrested for criminal trespass by local police.



"I'm being stripped of everything out of pure callousness--my assets, my livelihood and now my health. It's unbelievable what's happening," said Cole.



An emergency court hearing for Cole's reinstatement was held on June 29, 2007 (Case# 06CV146224 (http://cp. onlinedockets. com/loraincp/case_dockets/search. aspx)), however, the judge did not rule, leaving Cole's health coverage, finances and assets in limbo.



"The rug has been pulled out from under me and I'm left with very few options until a judge makes a decision on my case," concluded Cole.



"At this point, the financial impact from all this is secondary. I just need my medication to stay alive for my family."



For more information, please contact 440-225-9432.



# # #

You have read this article health with the title Ousted President of Ohio Company May Forgo Life-Saving Medical Treatment. You can bookmark this page URL http://ysagabriellechong.blogspot.com/2010/11/ousted-president-of-ohio-company-may.html. Thanks!